“Work in the corporate” is many of ours dream,
For AZ,that is my theme.
Stress is a very obvious phenomenon for Working professionals,most of the reasons i had already elaborated in my earlier posts 🙂 By any chance,If you have not encountered Stress yet at work,then you are indeed a lucky champ.Keep rocking!!
Suffering from high
(Acrostic form of poetry used)
But the Sweet smell of success takes out all the stress out.Isnt it?
Try this to know all about it:
if the answer to this is yes,then you can starightaway go to “dealing with the demon”,else you are bound to know certain things before dealing with it
If any of these signs prevails, it is possible that your or your colleague could be suffering from something called as “Stress/Burnout”.
Difference between stress and burnout:
One is over-involved in work One is disconnected from work
One is emotionally over-reactive One is emotionally numb
Results in urgency and hyperactivity Results in helplessness and hopelessness
Exhausts physical energy Exhausts, motivation, drive, ideals and hope
Leads to anxiety Leads to paranoia, depression, detachment
Primary damage is physical Primary damage is emotional
Some of the causes of Stress & Burnout are:
- Unrealistic goals set by or imposed on the self
- Working on rules that are punitive
- Doing work that violates personal values
- Routine, monotonous work, or work that is not challenging enough
- Working because one has to for the reasons of finance or circumstance
Some Prominent Signs of Stress & Burnout are:
Physical and emotional exhaustion
Changes in sleep and appetite patterns
Difficulty in concentration
Repeated negative thoughts
Substance abuse (drinking, smoking, drugs)
Escapist thoughts and behavior
Having thoughts of suicide
Dealing with the demon:
- Pay attention to your diet– Substitute the snacks and spicy foods with rich fiber foods, anti-oxidants, water and other nutrients, fruits and vegetables. This will keep you calm and energetic throughout the day and keep your body relaxed
- Sleep well– Sleep well like your life depends on it. To prevent burnout, sleep 8 hours and have two ten minute breaks in the day. This will keep you fresh through your work day
- Exercise for fun– Like you did it once when in childhood. It prevents one from burnout and also recharges the batteries. Aim for 30 gentle minutes of workout three times a week.
- Choose your company wisely– Be surrounded by as many people make you smile and happy. It is not possible those who drain-out energies. So, one can keep them at safe distance or be neutral (Beck, 2011)
- Train yourself to be positive – Replace those constant negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Click here to watch a video which helps train the mind to be positive
- Relax yourself– Dedicate at least 10-20 mins daily to practice a peaceful, relaxing activity.